The Scott Maichel
In today’s business climate, the Human Resources department plays an important role in the growth and success of a company. Developing a workplace culture which cultivates highly engaged employees is critical for organizations to gain a competitive advantage. Employee engagement translates to stronger employee retention rates, higher productivity levels, and higher client satisfaction.
The Scott Maichel Scholarship program aims to motivate and reward students pursuing a career Human Resources. Through this initiative to support education in the Human Resources field, we strive to support and inspire passionate students in their professional development and to achieve their vision. This scholarship is offered to students attending accredited Canadian and American colleges and universities.
The Scott Maichel Scholarship program is offering two scholarships worth $500.00 each ($500 USD/CAD to a student in the United States or Canada). Students who have accepted an offer from an accredited college or university, and are studying in Human Resources and Business programs are encouraged to apply using our online entry form. Please upload your letter of acceptance and in 500 words or less, tell us why you are choosing to pursue a career in Human Resources. Furthermore, explain how you plan to make a positive difference in an HR role with a potential employer.
*Scholarships are open to students entering first year and to those currently enrolled in their undergraduate or graduate program.
Scott Maichel Scholarship Program Deadlines
The first scholarship opens on August 9th, 2018.
The deadline is November 19th, 2018 at 11PM, EST.
The second scholarship opens on November 20th, 2018.
The deadline is February 19th, 2019 at 11PM, EST.
Eligibility & Application Information
- Must currently attend or have been accepted by an accredited Canadian or American College or University.
- Applicants must be newly accepted Human Resources or Business program students or existing students in these programs with a good academic standing.
- Must provide a copy of their entrance acceptance letter.
- Participation in the Scott Maichel Scholarship program constitutes your consent to use your personal information for marketing and publicity purposes.
- Applicants must demonstrate why they have chosen this field and briefly explain how he/she intends to make a positive impact in a HR role with a potential employer.
The fall semester winner will be selected on December 2nd, 2018.
The winter semester winner will be selected on March 4th, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Scott Maichel at firstname.lastname@example.org